Melville joins Castel to lead renewable energy
16 March 2021
16 March 2021 – Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited, has today announced that Matthew Melville has joined to lead its renewable energy underwriting cell.
Castel’s renewable energy proposition is primarily aimed at asset and revenue protection for wind and solar energy with a book of marine, construction and operating risks, business interruption, general liability, terrorism and natural catastrophe coverages.
Matthew joins from Albus Underwriting and brings Castel 20 years’ experience of the renewable energy sector. He was previously Chief Underwriting Officer at GCube Underwriting Limited and founder and Global Head of Renewable Energy at Axis. He joins Garrod Hill who joined Castel at the launch of the underwriting cell in December 2020.
Mark Birrell, chief executive of Castel, said: “Matt’s expertise in and understanding of renewable energy will play a pivotal role in leveraging the growing demand for coverage in this sector to deliver profitable business.”
For further information, please contact:
Full Circle Corporate Communications
Mobile +44 (0) 7710 665615
Tel: +44 (0)20 7265 7887
Notes to editors
Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited, part of Arch Insurance International, is an independent trading company and managing general agent (MGA) and club-style MGA formation platform focused on achieving success and driving innovation through collaboration. It provides experienced and entrepreneurial underwriters with stable capacity and a fast-track route to creating their own businesses. Castel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Learn more about Castel at www.castelmga.com.
Castel’s underwriting cells include:
- Specialty Centre of Excellence which supports talented and entrepreneurial individual underwriters who have smaller books of niche business including bloodstock risks, political risk, marine, renewable energy and global property facultative reinsurance.
- Construction and Engineering Centre of Excellence which supports construction and Inherent defect insurance.
- Marine Centre of Excellence which supports marine cargo, hull and liability classes of business in the UK and continental Europe with offices in London and Rotterdam.
- Nirvana Risk Partners which underwrites media, technology and cyber liability risks for small and large enterprises on a global basis.
- Vecta Risk Partners which underwrites specialist group and individual accident & health, travel and lifestyle coverages distributed through brokers and affinity e-trading platforms.
- Verve Risk Partners which underwrites U.S. professional and management liability risks, focusing on insurance companies and captives as well as insurance agents and brokers.
- Yachtpod Risk Partners which underwrites specialist coverages including hull and machinery, increased value, war, medical expenses, mortgagee’s interest and loss of charter hire risks for superyacht owners, captains, and managers on a worldwide basis.
Castel Underwriting Europe B.V. (Castel Europe) is the European subsidiary of Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited (Castel). Its divisions include Transact, which provides tailored warranty and indemnity and tax risk insurances for European-based organisations, Castel Marine, which writes Dutch and Belgian domiciled marine cargo, hull, land-based equipment and liability business, based in Rotterdam and Arena N.V., a Belgian-based specialist accident and health (A&H) MGA.