The Marine division of Castel Underwriting Europe BV (Castel Europe) is an experienced specialist underwriting team focused on providing bespoke insurance solutions for various types of marine risks for our clients. Castel Europe operates through an expansive network of local, specialized insurance brokers with whom the Castel Marine division has long-standing relationships. The Castel Marine division started operating in June 2020 and is based in Rotterdam. The infrastructure is built upon the tried-and-tested foundations of the Castel MGA underwriting platform. This infrastructure will allow the Castel Marine division to provide a fast and flexible service to clients with A+ rated security.
The products the Castel Marine division offer are:
- Marine Cargo
- Marine Hull, including Bluewater Hull, Brownwater Hull, Inland Hull and Shipbuilding risks
- Transport Liabilities
- Marine Liabilities
- Land Based Equipment
Castel Marine is a division of Castel Underwriting Europe BV (Chamber of Commerce no 73042242, RSIN 859331581) which is authorised and regulated by the Dutch Financial Conduct Authority, AFM under license number 12046122. Castel Europe is also a member of the Vereniging Nederlandse Assurantie Beurs (Dutch Bourse Association), VNAB no. A112, with full connection to utilize the eABS market platform as well as the Sanction check platform.
Please contact the team:
- Gert van Middelkoop, CUO Europe firstname.lastname@example.org +31 6 29 333161
- Duco Teijema, Marine Manager email@example.com +31 6 39 747575
- Ary Verbaan, Senior Marine Underwriter firstname.lastname@example.org +31 6 42 454800
- Joost Rossen, Senior Marine Underwriter email@example.com +31 6 21 141510
- Bjorn Kalden, Claims Manager Marine firstname.lastname@example.org +31 6 57 395312
- Lenny Martokarijo, Operations & Support email@example.com +31 10 7982336
- Jamey Cheung, Operations & Support Jamey.firstname.lastname@example.org +31 10 7982332
Castel Underwriting Europe B.V.
De Rotterdam, East Tower, 29th Floor,
3072 AP Rotterdam
Telephone: +31 10 7982330